Ankeny Centennial Girls Classic
Presented by the Ankeny Centennial Basketball Club
3rd-7th Grade Girls
Sunday, January 12th, 2020 (All grades)
Prairie Ridge Middle School, Parkview Middle School
Ashland Ridge, Rock Creek, Northwest and Terrace Elementaries
- No outside food or drink in coolers.
- There will be a concession stand available at both Middle School locations.
- Seating is available at each location. Please do not bring your own chairs or seating.
- Teams will provide their own warm-up balls.
- No dribbling or using the basketballs anywhere other than the gyms.
- $175 per team, 3-game guarantee.
- Register at https://admin.tourneymachine.com/R70664
- If paying by check, send payment to:
- Ankeny Centennial Classic, c/o Joshua Porter, 505 NE 51st Court, Ankeny, 50021
Rules of the Game
o Home team is listed first on the schedule (light jerseys if available)
- Each team MUST provide one adult scorekeeper/clock operator for their games.
- Two 18-minute halves, 2 minutes for halftime
- Continuous clock until the final two minutes of the game
- 2 – 45 second time outs per game. Clock stops during all time outs.
- Overtime – 1 minute (clock will stop). If a second overtime is played, this game will be sudden death (first team to score wins). One time out per team in overtime
- 3 point shot scored in all divisions (note: Tournament committee reserves the right to change this allowance if ALL gyms in a division do not have the 3 point arc drawn on the court)
- All grades will usea 28.5″ ball (per IHSAA & IGHSAU rules)
- Full court press allowed UNLESS team ahead by 15 or more points (See 3rd/4th grade specific rules below)
- Players must be all in same grade level or below
- Players must be from the same school district, no all-star teams
- Players may play on only one team per age group/division
- If a team uses an ineligible player, ALL past games are forfeited that they played
- 10′ hoops for 4th-7th grade divisions. 3rd grade will use a 9’ foot hoop.
- Start next game on time or up to 5 minutes early if running ahead of schedule
- Should a coach or player receive 2 technical fouls in a game he/she will leave the gym and lose the privilege of participating in the tournament
- All rules not covered here will follow the Iowa High School Athletic Association and the Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (IHSAA & IGHSAU)
- 3rd and 4th grade rules only
– No zone defense — double teaming/help defense IS allowed
– No full court press allowed except for the last minute of the game and during one minute of overtime
– Stealing allowed at half court
- All divisions will play an 8-team championship/consolation bracket. If a division does not have 8 teams, pool play will be used and may include a championship round. Pool play tiebreakers are listed below.
- Win/Loss record
- Head to head
- Points differential (Max +15, Min -15)
- Points allowed
- Coin flip
1st and 2nd place in each bracket
–– All fans, coaches, and players are responsible for displaying good sportsmanship, which includes respect for the officials. We have a zero tolerance policy for poor sportsmanship. Coaches are responsible for the conduct of their players and fans.
– Ankeny Centennial Basketball Club reserves the right to modify schedule in case of inclement weather.
Ankeny Centennial Club Basketball reserves the right to qualify the rules at the tournament at their discretion.